Vehicle to Business
Smart charging at businesses/ offices presents potential for smart charging and V2X services because of the central control of charging, long stationary time, and an already high uptake of EVs in company fleets. This could reduce the costs through self-consumption and demand charge reduction, which can increase the use of locally generated renewable energy and lowers the peak loads on the grid. SCALE will prepare smart charging and V2X solutions for office buildings that include requirements according to EU’s Energy Performance Buildings Directive and Energy Efficiency Directive.
Station-based B2B car-sharing with demand side management (Smart charging EVs + Building energy demand)
4 EVs with V2X capable chargers with a local RE generation at Debrecen, HU
- Create a positive business case of the EV car sharing program for the supply and demand side.
- Cost reduction through smart charging integrated with the building EMS and local renewable energy generation.
- Cost reduction by V2X service (self-consumption).
- Increase use of the car sharing program by determining what influences mobility mode choice.
Fixed and opportunity charging for employees and visitors of multi brand car dealership
32 chargers (2 V2X capable) serving dealership’s employees and visitors (1.000 visitors per day)
- Increase utilization of generated renewable energy through self-consumption, demand charge reduction, and energy storage.
- Cost reduction through an increase utilization of renewable energy and reduced peak loads.
- Improve power system quality through increased flexibility from the V2G service
Smart charging in car dealer’s depot
From 30 to 50 EVs need to be charged at about 50% SOC every day for delivery
- Prevent further grid reinforcements by limiting the needed power capacity.
- Finding the optimal charging strategy for self-consumption (through simulation).
Public and private V2G chargers at office locations
1 public V2G charger (DC) and 1 private V2G charger (AC), total of 2 V2X capable cars
- Interoperable charging points through implementing ISO15118-20.
- Increase grid flexibility by delivering power back to the DSO via V2G capabilities.
- Reduce costs via peak shaving and demand charge reduction.