Vehicle to Depot
Heavy duty vehicles require larger batteries and thus larger charging times. SCALE will implement a charging solution with local battery storage to increase charging speeds without costly grid reinforcements. Cost reductions can be achieved through SCALE’s solutions utilizing smart charging and V2X services to enable load balancing services and reduce peak loads on the power system. SCALE will generate knowledge for cities/municipalities procuring low emission and zero emission vehicles as mandated by the Clean Vehicles Directive.
Station-based Serviced Office B2B car-sharing with demand side management (Smart charging EVs + Building energy demand)
ASKO site: 1 light-weight delivery truck – Oslo harbour site: 1 heavy-duty truck
- Reduce complexity for the driver for billing & authorization (plug & charge).
- Increase usability by integrating the control mechanism interface with the fleet management system.
- Ensure interoperability through ISO15118-20.
DC high power highway charging system with local RE generation & storage
3 150 kW DC V2X chargers, local renewable energy generation and stationary batteries
- Increase charging power without grid reinforcements through stationary batteries.
- Finding optimal setup of future highway high power charging infrastructure for heavy duty vehicles through simulation. Considering customer expectations, charging on demand, predicted (dynamic) charging time and pre booking.
Virtual power plant at heavy-duty depot with renewable energy generation and second life battery storage
4 charging points, heavy-duty vehicles
- Reduce costs by being independent of the grid, enabled by a virtual power plant with renewable energy generation, local battery storage and smart charging and V2X. This reduces costs by increased utilization rate of renewable energy generated and by giving used battery packs a second life as stationary storage.
Smart charging of light commercial vehicles
31 light commercial vehicles, local RES generation
- Reduce peak load through smart charging.
- Increase renewable energy utilization by smart charging and feed in of PV installation.
- Cost savings by preventing grid reinforcements.